Verse for today

Someone told me the other day that my day has come and gone. I am not quite sure what they meant. But the fact is that the day of Hari Katha will never go. I have been pressing on, for better or worse, on this path for nigh on forty years, now. How different things would be today if I had remained an Iskcon sannyasi. But that day came and went. There is no end to days, and there is no end to Hari Katha. God is infinite and each person's adventure in yoga is infinite.

Anyway, this verse is from Canto I, Narada telling Vyasadeva about how he developed rati. Some versions give ruchi as the last word in this verse, but we accept the Bhakti-rasamrita-sindhu reading.

tatrAnvahaM kRSNa-kathAH pragAyatAM
anugraheNazRNavaM manoharAH
tAH zraddhayA me'nupadaM vizRNvataH
priya-zravasy anga mamAbhavad ratiH

There, by the mercy of those sages who sang about Krishna, I was able to hear these charming descriptions of the Lord every single day. Since I was listening attentively and with faith at every moment, my love for the Lord, whose topics are so sweet, awakened. (1.5.26)
That is all, my friends. Bless me that I may have the chance to glorify my beloved Divine Couple, and that I may serve you by so doing.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I don't know you, but I read your blog. I just want you to know that your experiences and writing have been very helpful to me. I have been a devotee now for so many years--we are of the same era--but am just now developing a real, well-grounded idea of what it means to be a yogi. Thank you for your perseverance and your willingness to share it. Jaya Radhe Syama!
Jagadananda Das said…
An incoherent post by William Morgan did not pass scrutiny.
Anonymous said…
Whatcha doin? Jagat watcha doin? Why could
you not concieve of my - posts - being
coherent? Could i pleas ask a favor? Go say Hi
to bhaktipada. Its for your own good, right?

Popular posts from this blog

O Mind! Meditate on Radha's Breasts

Swami Vishwananda's Bhakti Marga and Parampara

Erotic sculptures on Jagannath temple